How To Comply with California Wage & Hour Law
Just-Revised, Comprehensive Guide to California Wage & Hour Law—Updated for 2013!
CER's fully revised and updated HR Management & Compliance Report, How To Comply with California Wage & Hour Law, covers everything you need to know to stay in compliance with the state's complex and ever-changing rules, laws, and regulations in this area.
This information-packed 168-page guide, written by an experienced California employment lawyer, features in-depth coverage of all the topics you need to know about in an easy-read, quick-reference style:
- The California Labor Code vs. the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Who the California wage/hour laws apply to
- The Wage Orders that cover your organization
- Hours of work—including travel time, make-up time, meal and rest periods, and the definition of "hours worked"
- The rules for hourly, salary, and piece-rate pay
- Bonuses, profit-sharing plans, and tips
- Overtime and double-time wages
- Alternative workweeks
- Tools and equipment, uniforms, and work-related expenses and losses
- Paid time off—vacation, PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Unpaid time off
- When and how employees must be paid
- Payment of final wages upon termination
- Deductions from pay
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Pay-related discrimination
- A brand-new appendix of breaking wage/hour developments from the past year that you need to know about
- And much more!
Along with your Report, you'll also receive 3 evaluation issues of California Employer Advisor, giving you the latest information on legal developments and regulations that can have a direct impact on your organization and your bottom line. No legal trivia of interest only to lawyers. No legalese. Just practical, concise advice, smart employment practices and strategies you can put to work immediately.
If you want to continue to receive the newsletter, simply pay the invoice you will receive in the mail. If you decide the newsletter isn't for you, just write "cancel" on the invoice and return it. You will owe nothing, and all issues you receive are yours to keep. As with all CER products, your satisfaction is guaranteed 100%.