Workers' Compensation in California: A Complete Guide for California Employers
Everything California Employers Need To Know About Workers' Comp Laws, Rules, Policies, and Processes—Updated for 2014! (See what has changed)
Workers' compensation is one of the few areas of employment law that's almost entirely governed at the state level. And it's complicated:
- What qualifies as a covered injury or illness?
- Should you self-insure?
- Who's entitled to workers' comp benefits?
- What do you need to know about the State Compensation Insurance Fund (SCIF)?
- How are premiums calculated—and how can you keep yours as low as possible?
- What should be included in your Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)?
- What workers' comp notices must you distribute to employees—and when?
- How do you properly calculate benefits for injured employees?
- What should your return-to-work program look like?
- How does workers' comp interact with other state and federal leave laws, including FMLA/CFRA and ADA/FEHA?
- What can you do to reduce the risk of workers' comp disputes—and fraud?
- What are the "red flags" that can signal potential abuses of the system? And how can you combat these without setting yourself up for damaging retaliation claims?
- How should you respond to a workers' comp-related lawsuit?
Fortunately, answers to all of these questions and more are covered in depth in our new HR Management & Compliance Report, Workers' Compensation in California: A Complete Guide for California Employers.
- Information on predesignating a personal physician or healthcare professional
- Requirements for employees who want to predesignate a personal doctor
- Where to find predesignation forms and a sample Medical Provider Network (MPN) notice
- What to do when an employee disputes treatment decisions
- The latest rates for TTD benefits
Workers' Compensation in California: A Complete Guide for California Employers was written by an experienced California employment lawyer specifically for employers in California. You won't find any general, non-state-specific advice here—just full coverage of the unique rules and laws that apply here, written in plain English.
Best of all, we'll send you a brand-new edition each year so that you always have the most up-to-date information available.
Hot off the presses, Workers' Compensation in California: A Complete Guide for California Employers includes everything you need to know for successful management of your company's workers' comp program. Order your copy today—your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
Along with your Guide, you'll also receive 3 evaluation issues of California Employer Advisor, giving you the latest information on legal developments and regulations that can have a direct impact on your organization and your bottom line. No legal trivia of interest only to lawyers. No legalese. Just practical, concise advice, smart employment practices and strategies you can put to work immediately.
If you want to continue to receive the newsletter, simply pay the invoice you will receive in the mail. If you decide the newsletter isn't for you, just write "cancel" on the invoice and return it. You will owe nothing, and all issues you receive are yours to keep. As with all CER products, your satisfaction is guaranteed 100%.